Monday, October 19, 2009

Race For The Cure...





So, it's been awhile. And the Race for the Cure was awhile ago too. I've gotta be the laziest person ever... so, I got totally sidetracked on the training for the 5K- like that was hard to do- you can admit it, you're not shocked. Clearly I did not run. I did however walk the 5K with my team, and it was an awesome experience! 
It was so inspiring to be around all of these women who are beating or have beat breast cancer. Seeing the turnout, I think they said 50,000 people was overwhelming to say the least. At one point we all just looked at each other and and started blubbering. Now, I don't know anyone who has had breast cancer, but I know people who know people... you know? And I know how devastating it is for them. And quite frankly, I have boobs and I quite like them! So getting out there, even if not running, was worth it. 
Next year I definitely will be running in the Race for the Cure! Now... to get off my fat ass and hit the pavement!