Thursday, November 5, 2009

Motivation

I'm finding it easier to get up and go lately... now, I'm still going really slow mind you, but it's easier to start. Which I suppose is progress. Right? I'm not sure what has happened in the last month. All of a sudden I just really want to get out there and work on getting up to at least jogging my whole 2 mile loop. Maybe it's the realization that I'm going to be 30 in a year. Maybe it's how good it makes me feel to even get out there and walk. Who knows, whatever it is, I like it. It has been really hard for me, historically, to find motivation to get out there so I'm very glad for this sudden burst of it.
And the thing is, it's not just getting out hitting the pavement. I'm making better choices in what I'm eating... making a point to eat more fruits & veggies, and less processed crap. And, I've stopped drinking soda. I haven't had any soda in at least 2 weeks, and I feel SO much better with just that change.
I'm grateful for this mental motivation that has come from no where, and I really hope it sticks around!